Special Borrower Card
Pitt Students, Faculty, and Staff
- For direct borrowing from Carnegie Mellon University, Pitt Students, Faculty, and Staff only need to present a valid Pitt ID at CMU's Hunt Library.
Students, Faculty, and Staff from CMU
- Students, Faculty, and Staff from Carnegie Mellon University only need to present a valid CMU ID to obtain a ULS Special Borrower's Card free of charge.
- Apply for this card at the Hillman Library Donald S. Wood Service Desk.
If you're currently not affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University you can purchase a ULS Special Borrower's Card at the Hillman Library Donald S. Wood Service Desk.
- The cost of the card is $50.00 for Pitt alumni, $25.00 for current Pitt Alumni Association members (must have a current Pitt Alumni Association card) and $100.00 for all others
- The card is valid for a period of one year, and DOES NOT permit access to most online electronic resources, with PITTCat+, the University's online library catalog. Contact the library about access to online Government Documents and resources.
- Only full-time Hillman LIbrary Service Desk staff are permitted to issue a Special Borrower's card
- For complete information please view our Special Borrower's Rules and Regulations pamphlet (PDF)
If you are affiliated with an institution that participates in EZ Borrow you can place requests for ULS materials through your home institution. Or contact your local library to inquire about their Inter-Library Loan services.