Logging in from Off Campus
The library uses EZProxy to enable you to access library e-resources from off campus*
- When searching library e-resources EZProxy detects when you need to log in and prompts you to do so
- You will remain logged in for the duration of your browser session
- Having a problem with off campus access? Contact us
- Supported by all browsers
- Requires cookies to be enabled
- Requires that security firewalls are set to allow cookies
- Requires pop-up blockers to be disabled
- Requires you have a current Pitt I.D. If EZProxy does not accept your Pitt username and password verify your university computing account
If you often come across online article citations, but cannot view the full text because you are not logged in remotely to the ULS Web site, then set up "Reload via ULS" on your computer or mobile device. "Reload via ULS" provides instant access to full-text articles that are available through ULS subscriptions.
For desktop and laptop computers:
- Drag the dark blue "Reload via ULS" bookmarklet to your Web browser's bookmarks toolbar.
- When viewing an article citation, click on the bookmarklet in your toolbar.
- The EZproxy login box will appear. Enter your login information to have access to the full text if ULS has a subscription to the article.
Using EZProxy with Google Scholar?
If you prefer to browse using Google Scholar, establish The University of Pittsburgh as your institutional access link:
- Go to Google Scholar’s Settings > Library Links
- Search for University of Pittsburgh
- Select “University of Pittsburgh – Full-Text@Pitt” and save your settings
- Conduct your search in Google Scholar
- Once you find a suitable resource click on the link for “Full-Text @ Pitt” on the right side of the resource title. You will then be prompted to enter your Pitt username and password for access to resource
*Off-campus access to most articles, ebooks, electronic journals, and databases is available only to current Pitt students, faculty, and staff*.