University Records Management
University Records Manager
University of Pittsburgh
7500 Thomas Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
The University Records Management program assists offices and departments in managing records to meet the administrative, financial, legal and historical needs of the University of Pittsburgh by:
- Developing and training staff on policies and procedures to comply with University practices and federal/state laws
- Establishing records schedules with University departments
- Sustaining and monitoring the University’s relationship with our off-site storage repository, Business Records Management, Inc. (BRM)
BRM provides our accounts with:
- Secure off-site storage for your records
- Delivery of stored records to your office
- Locked records destruction containers
Our services do not extend to University of Pittsburgh regional campuses, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) or University of Pittsburgh Physicians (UPP).
Complete one of the following forms to request service from BRM:
- Supply Order Form
- New Box Submission Form
- Box Retrieval and Return Request Form
- Retrieving and Returning Files & Documents Form
- Revised Transmittal Form
- Destruction Order Form
The University currently utilizes two records retention schedules which recommend how long records should be maintained by departments.
Transfer Records to University Archives
All records of a permanent or historical nature, including all University records pre-dating 1970, should be reviewed by the University Archivist .
If you believe your office has such material please follow our University Archives transfer procedures.