Who can Borrow?
Active Faculty, Staff and Students of the University of Pittsburgh can.
Your Panther Card is your library card! (Panther cards are not transferable)
Not affiliated with Pitt? or with Carnegie Mellon University? Here’s how to become a borrower!
Cross registered at the University of Pittsburgh? Please contact a staff member at the Hillman Library Donald S. Wood Service Desk: 412-648-7800.
Full-time staff are required for some library services like creating new accounts . If you plan to visit a ULS Library late night or on weekends, please call us at 412-648-7800 to make sure the services you require will be available.
The fine print:
- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your ID and any fees or damages incurred until the item is returned.
- ID cards and responsibility are not transferable, do not loan your ID or borrowed items to others. Also, do not depend on others to return items for you.
- Report a lost or stolen ID immediately to the University ID Center: 412-624-7643. Also report it to the Hillman Library Donald S. Wood Service Desk: 412-648-7800.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to note the time or date that the material is due.
- Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy. Failure to receive these notices does not remove the borrower's obligation to return material by the due date, nor does it constitute grounds for reducing a borrower's fines. If you receive overdue notices for materials that you believe have been returned, contact the ULS library specified on the notice or the Hillman Library Donald S. Wood Service Desk. 412-648-7800
- The borrowing of any materials from the ULS constitutes agreement by the borrower to abide by the rules and regulations of the ULS borrowing policies. Please note: you are responsible for knowing the ULS borrowing policies.
*State privacy law (PA ACT 1984-90, section 428) prohibits ULS staff from releasing any information concerning your library records without proper ID (your Pitt ID). Also, we cannot release information to a third party acting as your representative.