- Download and print the online Student Employment Application Form (PDF)
- Complete the application and submit directly to the supervisor of the position
- Questions about a particular job should be directed to the supervisor listed
- A free shuttle service (PDF) runs between Hillman Library and the Library Resource Facility on Thomas Boulevard, the location of several of the jobs listed
The Information Technology Department is reviewing applications for part-time student employment. The department is responsible for the upkeep of computer hardware and software in all ULS libraries. We are seeking those who can troubleshoot computer-related problems, follow direction, be self-motivated, and work independently with minimal direct supervision. This position requires working between the ULS Library Resource Facility in Point Breeze as well as libraries on the Oakland campus. A free shuttle is available between the two locations. Students must work shifts of no less than 3 consecutive hours, not including travel time.
The duties of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Computer hardware installation/removal and troubleshooting
- Software installation and configuration
- Data entry and inventory
- End-user training
- Documentation development
- Meeting setup and facilitation
- Heavy experience with Windows XP and Windows 7 (additional Mac OS X experience is a plus, but not required)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Lync
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Communication and organization skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
The Information Technology Department is located on the first floor of the Library Resource Facility in the Point Breeze neighborhood approximately three miles from the Oakland campus. Shuttle service is available throughout the day (9:00 am-4:30 pm) between the Library Resource Facility and Hillman Library.
$8.15 per hour Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. 10-20 hours per week
Please send application and resume with qualifying experience to: Robert Brown – email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted in person.
The Office of Scholarly Communications and Publishing (OSCP) of the University Library System, University of Pittsburgh, is reviewing applications for part-time student employment. The University Library System is a dynamic pioneer of library publishing activities and a strong supporter of the Open Access movement. We are seeking an employee to perform detail-oriented tasks, primarily focused on data entry, metadata creation and quality control. The candidate should be self-motivated, with great accuracy and attention to detail, and should be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
The duties of this position include:
- Deposit of research documents into online repositories and other Web-based publishing platforms
- Document description, metadata creation, and quality control
- Database, library catalog, and Web searching
- Other special projects in the ULS Office of Scholarly Communication and Publishing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and an attention to detail
- Familiarity with or interest in metadata creation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
Preference will be given to those proficient in online information systems or Web-based publishing platforms, but others interested are encouraged to apply. The Office of Scholarly Communication and Publishing is located within the ULS Department of Information Technology on the first floor of the Library Resource Facility in the Point Breeze neighborhood, approximately three miles from the Oakland campus.
Shuttle service is available throughout the day (9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) between the Library Resource Facility and Hillman Library.
Pay rate: $8.15 per hour. 10-20 hours per week, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please send application and resume with qualifying experience by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be accepted in person or by telephone.