Owen Library Renewing Books
To renew your books online using PITTCat:
- Connect to PITTCat
- Choose My Account
- Enter your University Computing Account (email) username and password. Special Borrowers Card holders enter the number on your library card located above the barcode and last name. Click OK
- A list of titles charged to your account appears. Click the checkbox under the Renew? column next to those titles you want to renew. Click Renew Items
- Verify renewal dates
- You may also request to have books renewed by presenting your University of Pittsburgh ID card at any one of the ULS Libraries
- Library Users can also access their account information and status
- If you are blocked from renewing materials, want to verify your renewals, or have questions about online renewals please call the Owen Library Information Desk 814-269-7300
Telephone renewals are available during regular library hours.
When calling to renew, please have the following ready:
- Your University of Pittsburgh ID card or Special Borrowers Card number
- The barcode numbers of the books you wish to renew
Privacy laws prohibit us from releasing information concerning your records over the telephone, so please have the above information ready when you call.
Certain renewal restrictions may apply:
- Books that circulate for four weeks may be renewed up to three times.
- Books that circulate for two weeks can only be renewed once.
- Recalled materials cannot be renewed.
- Special Borrowers may renew their books once for another two weeks.
- Fines/Fees of $25.00 or more.
- To renew Interlibrary Loan materials that have a yellow band, contact the ULS Interlibrary Loan Dept. (412-648-7762) to request a renewal at least 3 days prior to the due date.