Millstein Library - Mobile Device Lending Program
Who can borrow a mobile device?
- All University of Pittsburgh students, faculty and staff in good standing with a current University of Pittsburgh Panther Card are eligible
- You'll be asked to show your University of Pittsburgh Panther Card when borrowing a mobile device
- Also, you must first complete and sign the Mobile Device Program Borrower's Agreement (PDF)
How long can they be checked out?
- Mobile devices are due 3 days after they are borrowed.
- Mobile devices must be returned to the Millstein Library Information Desk one hour before closing
- When returning a mobile device, you must wait for library staff to check the device for damage and issue you a return receipt, which is proof you returned it. This process takes several minutes
- Disputes about mobile devices and bags can only be resolved upon your presentation of a return receipt
- A variety of research and productivity tools
- You can also access your email and the Internet
- Any data you download on the device is not permanent, so save your data on a thumb drive or online
A list of the hardware and software available on the mobile devices is available:
What about my liability?
- You are responsible for the mobile device while it is checked out to you
- Do not leave a mobile device unattended at any time
- If a mobile device is lost, stolen or damaged while it is checked out to you, you are responsible
- When using a mobile device, please bring any problems to the attention of library staff immediately
- While using the mobile device, users must also comply with all University of Pittsburgh Computer Account Policies
What are the fines and fees for late or damaged mobile devices?
The overdue charges for mobile devices are $10.00 per hour, up to four hours.
After four hours, the mobile device is considered lost, and you will be billed for its replacement up to a maximum of $1000.00
- Windows 8.1 Update 1
- Office 2013
- Google Drive + Docs / Sheets / Slides
- Adobe Reader
- Java 8
- Flash 16
- Symantec EndPoint Protection 12.1.4
- Accessibility tools
- Remote Desktop Connec tion
- Sound record
- Non English Keybaords and Display Languages Available
- Patrons can install additional software as needed
Laptop Hardware available:
- Dell XPS 13" Touchscreen
- Carrying Case
- Power Supply – Consists of separate power cable and AC Adapter
- Over 50 productivity, eBook and research apps are available for free download upon borrowing
- Individuals may sign up for an iTunes account or use their own to download additional apps
- Some software requires the use of your University email and/or additional user accounts
iPad Hardware Available:
- iPad w/ Retina and Lightning port
- Power Supply (with Lightning Connector)
- Smart Cover
- Carrying Case