Hillman Library -- Ground Floor -- (412) 648-3330
Since 1910, The University of Pittsburgh has participated in the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP). In addition to housing our US Government publications, Hillman library is a depository for United Nations, European Union, Canadian, and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Publications.
The UN and FDLP/US government publications are located in the Government Publications Collection. All other materials are shelved in the Hillman Library General Collection. Many government publications are available on the Web.
If you need help, ask for assistance at the Hillman Library Information/Reference Desk or contact one of our Government Publications Librarians.
Government Publications Collection Hours are the same as Hillman Library.
Help Sheets and Tutorials
- Locating Bills and other Legislative Materials
- Census of Population and Housing
- Finding U.S. Government Publications
- Finding U.S. Government Publications Prior to 1976
- Understanding the Superintendent of Documents (SuDocs) call number system
- A-Z Resource List for Government Publications
- State and Local Government Resources
- Tax Forms
- United Nations Search Tools and Indexes
- Presidential Documents and Federal Laws in the Hillman Library
- Congressional Documents in the Hillman Library