What is Information Literacy?
The Association of College and Research Libraries defines Information Literacy as a “set of skills needed to find, retrieve, analyze, and use information."The Titusville Campus Library staff is committed to developing an information literacy program in collaboration with teaching faculty to teach each Titusville student to be a knowledgeable and effective user of information resources.
Instruction @ Pitt
Building on the University of Pittsburgh Student Learning Outcomes our goal is that all University of Pittsburgh students are capable of:
- Gathering and evaluating information effectively and appropriately
- Identifying information sources appropriate to their discipline
- Critically evaluating and incorporating information to address a specific information need
- Utilize appropriate information technology
- Understand the principle of intellectual property, and the legal and ethical uses of information
Tools for Instructors
Partner with us to foster information literacy learning through a variety of approaches: