ULS E-Journal Publishing
ULS E-Journal Publishing Why Publish with Us Tools and Services Our Publications
The ULS publishes a growing number of scholarly research journals in a variety of disciplines.
Because we are committed to helping research communities share knowledge and ideas through open and responsible collaboration, we subsidize the costs of electronic publishing and provide incentives to promote Open Access to scholarly research.
Our skilled staff will help you turn your ideas into reality to produce an online academic journal of the highest quality at very low cost.
We offer hosting and a highly configurable system for your editorial workflow, from simple to complex, with features including:
- Online author submission
- Blind, double-blind, or open peer-review processes
- Online management of copyediting, layout, and proofreading
- Delegation of editorial responsibilities according to journal sections
- Management of publication schedule and ongoing journal archiving
- Customizable presentation features
- Multilingual interface supporting the world's most widely used languages
- Support for a variety of reader tools, such as RSS feeds and share buttons
- Support researchers in
- efficient knowledge production
- rapid dissemination of new research
- Open Access to scholarly information
- Build collaborative partnerships around the world
- Improve the production and sharing of scholarly research
- Support innovative publishing services
Author Fees Fund
The University Library System, University of Pittsburgh (ULS) will provide funds for the payment of article processing fees for articles authored or coauthored by the faculty, staff, postdoctoral associates, and students served by the ULS and the Barco Law Library who publish in eligible open-access journals and for which no alternative funding is available as part of the Compact for Open-Access Publishing Equity (COPE).
The Compact for Open-Access Publishing Equity is a group of participating institutions committed to supporting Open Access by underwriting publication charges for those individuals at their institution who publish articles in fee-based open access journals. To learn more about this program and to see whether you are eligible for funding, see the Author Fees Fund Policy Guidelines. To apply for funding, complete the online application form. Still have questions? See the FAQ or contact us.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibilities for partnering with us to publish your scholarly journal.