Find Books & More
What's in PITTCat+, the library catalog?
- Millions of articles
- Books, CDs, DVDs, maps, musical scores, journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Photos, manuscripts, and texts from Dscribe Digital Collections (Historic Pittsburgh, AEI, PhilSci, image collections, etc.)
- Cover images for books
- Tables of contents for close to one million books
- Book reviews online for close to one million books
- More about PITTCat+...
.....or take me to PITTCat Classic...
NEW! Download PITTCat+ search plugins for Firefox or Internet Explorer
- Downloads of popular audiobooks and ebooks for Pitt faculty, staff and students.
We want to get you the books you need when and where you need them.
- This chart explains the options.
TIP: Click the Get it! links in PITTCat+...
...to request delivery of books FROM any Pitt library (including regional campuses and Storage) TO any Pitt library
...if you're faculty to request delivery of books AND journal articles to office locations via Libraries to Go
If you don’t find the material you need in PITTCat+:
E-ZBorrow Lets you search and request books from other Pennsylvania libraries. Books are generally delivered within 4-7 days. You will be notified via email when the book is available for pickup.
Requests From Other Libraries (Interlibrary Loan) Use this form when PITT and EZBorrow don’t have your book or journal article. Interlibrary Loan will request the material you need from other libraries.
Online library catalogs Lets you search library catalogs from local universities and public libraries.
Special Borrower Cards Pitt students, staff and faculty are able to get a Special Borrower Card which allows for the direct borrowing of materials from other libraries, like Carnegie Mellon, Duquesne University and Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh.
WorldCat Lets you search library catalogs worldwide to find out if the item you need is available for loan.
- When PITT and E-ZBorrow libraries don’t own an item, use WorldCat to confirm your citation information. Then use the Interlibrary Loan form to Request From Other Libraries.
Buying what you need
- Recommend the purchase of an item we don't own