Note: Use of this resource is restricted to current University of Pittsburgh faculty, students, and staff, and may be used for individual research purposes only. Any other use is prohibited.
Statistical Insight provides comprehensive access to statistical information. The service allows users to search summaries of statistical publications, then link to the full-text of selected publications on Statistical (Lexis-Nexis) and government Web sites.
Statistical Insight provides online access to three important statistical indexes: the American Statistics Index (ASI), Statistical Reference Index (SRI), and the Index to International Statistics (IIS).
Statistical Insight lets you find:
- all statistics issued by the U.S. government back to 1973 through CIS' American Statistics Index.
- some 1,000 of the best statistical publications of private and state government sources from 1980 forward through CIS' Statistical Reference Index
- approximately 2,000 indispensable titles from some 100 international intergovernmental organizations, all published annually since 1983 through CIS' Index to International Statistics
Statistical Insight help section gives users:
- a glossary of common statistical terms
- an overview of data collection methods, and guidance on interpreting statistical data
- a Hot Topics section. There users will find statistical information on a wide range of issues of social, political, economic, and historical importance
- Indexing: Varies
- Full Text: Varies
- Citations? Yes
- Abstracts? Yes
- Full Text? Yes
Frequency of Updates:
Help & More Information:
Note: For assistance in locating related print resources, please ask for assistance at any library reference desk or submit a question via our Ask-A-Librarian service.