Mergent's Key Business Ratios (KBR)
Note: Use of this resource is restricted to current University of Pittsburgh faculty, students, and staff, and may be used for individual research purposes only. Any other use is prohibited.
Key Business Ratios (KBR) provides immediate online access to competitive benchmarking data. This powerful tool lets researchers examine industry benchmarks compiled from D&B’s database of public and private companies, featuring 14 key business ratios (users choose a one-year or three-year set of ratios) for public and private companies in 800 lines of business.
Examine the financial soundness of a company and how well it can meet short and long-term obligations.
Check the quality of receivables and the efficiency of asset control; measure the effectiveness of payment to supplier; and evaluate over or under-trading on equity.
Study how profit is earned relative to sales, total assets and net worth.
- Search data by SIC and NAIC code, line of business, asset range and year.
- Company Filtering and User Profiles
- Company Drill Down
- Download and Create Reports
- Mapping Capabilities
- Input financial data and instantly compare any balance sheet with industry benchmarks
- Profile a company’s best customers
- Pinpoint a company’s strongest suppliers
- Identify acquisition targets
- Citations? Yes
- Abstracts? Yes
- Full Text? Yes
Help & More Information:
Note: For assistance in locating related print resources, please ask for assistance at any library reference desk or submit a question via our Ask-A-Librarian service.