Note: Use of this resource is restricted to current University of Pittsburgh faculty, students, and staff, and may be used for individual research purposes only. Any other use is prohibited.
Google Scholar enables you to search specifically for
- scholarly literature
- peer-reviewed papers
- abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research
Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web.
Getting full text via Google Scholar:
Pitt affiliates on campus will automatically see a " Full-Text @ My Library" link that will connect you to the full text if it is available to Pitt users.
Getting full text via Google Scholar off campus:
Pitt users off campus will need to set University of Pittsburgh as their institutional access link in Google Scholar preferences:
- Go to Google Scholar's Settings > Library Links
- Search for University of Pittsburgh
- Select "University of Pittsburgh - Full-Text @ Pitt" and save your settings
- Do your search in Google Scholar
- Click on the link for " Full-Text @ Pit" that will appear to the right of the title of the resource and you'll be prompted to enter your Username and Password.
- Varies by publication
- Citations? Yes
- Abstracts? Yes
- Full Text? Yes
Frequency of Updates:
Help & More Information:
Note: For assistance in locating related print resources, please ask for assistance at any library reference desk or submit a question via our Ask-A-Librarian service.